Personalised Medicine World Congress 2022 Europe
Tuesday 31st May 2022
COLLECTIVE DATA AND DIGITAL AGE
09:00 - KEYNOTE PANEL: The importance of collective data: Conversation on how to truly engage the patient in the new digital age and how we can all profit together
- How the focus on digital patient engagement helps healthcare providers create a greatly improved personalized patient experience from start to finish.
- Imperative for engaging end-users in each phase of digital health design
- Techniques to facilitate better digital health design and implementation.
- Bridging the divide between technology companies, patients, and clinicians regarding effective development and use of digital health
- The need to develop new, scalable and expandable big data infrastructure and analytical methods
- The nature of big data and the role of semantic web and data analysis for generating “smart data”
- How to create a system that makes big data robust and smart for healthcare providers and patients
10:15 - PLENARY KEYNOTE: Building better online patient communities to leverage your experience and data
- Accessing unlimited online opportunity to learn more about diseases, seek and or give assistance.
- Importance of finding and connecting with others infected or affected by the same illness or disease.
- Opportunity to exchange relevant data on their condition, treatment , symptoms, side effects, etc.
- Addressing the challenge of data protection to ‘go digital’
- The fundamental rights to privacy and to the protection of personal data have become more important for the protection of human dignity than ever before.
- Ethical dimension of data processing.
- The need for a new regulatory framework, guaranteeing the rights of individuals.
- Drivers and scale-up capabilities to advance RWD life cycle
- Adopting the best practices and overcoming the associated challenges
- Gauging the progress brought to downstream use by better data life cycle practices.
- Dynamic data strategy agendas that overcome fragmentation and are representative of populations.
- Acknowledging deterioration of public trust in the use and commercialization of healthcare data through transparency and engagement
- Right governance in place for your critical data assets
- Addressing patients on social media
- Looking at issues around bluetooth hacking in medical devices
- How does data security deal with the technical framework of keeping data secure and available?
- How can we protect ourselves?
PATIENT EMPOWERMENT AND ACCESS
14:15 - PLENARY SESSION: Reframing trials to be more positive and how awareness campaigns can bring together community
- How can we all work collaboratively to reexamine clinical trials and increase trust, awareness and engagement.
- The importance of embeding “patient centricity” into all aspects of a clinical trial
- Breaking down barriers to clinical trial recruitment and retention
- Barriers to accessing personalised medicine
- Strategies to ensure that patients have equitable access to medicines and health care
- Health technology assessment securing patient access to personalised medicine
- Innovative payer models
- Key factors influencing cost-effectiveness of personalised medicines
- Value-based approach to inform policy decisions about reimbursement and investment in research and development
- Societal perspective including opportunity costs, such as out-of-pocket patient costs, other indirect medical costs, also loss of income or productivity
16:15 - PANEL DISCUSSION: Beyond patient engagement: Optimizing personalised medicines thru partnerships with patients
- How can patient centricity play a vital role to personalised medicine?
- Understanding the paradigm for patient partnership
- Establishing trust at every patient touch-point to achieve sustained behavior change through informed decision-making.
- Building a more effective patient partnership models throughout the customer’s lifecycle